Weekend Wears: Purple, Green and Gold



This was the busiest weekend I've had in a long time and I enjoyed every minute of it. Now that the weather is cooler, most weekends I have spent relaxing indoors curled up with a book, maybe venturing out to run a few errands or going on a walk or two. I like it that way, for the most part. These last few days were full of halloween festivities with friends, time with family, photo shoots, adventures to new parts of town, eating at a favorite restaurant, and grocery shopping. It was a nice change of pace.

Outfit Details:
Coat: Old Navy, last year (similar)
Scarf: Target (similar)
Shirt: Macy's/American Rag brand, a few years ago (similar)
Pants: Urban Outfitters
Bag: Target, old (similar / similar)
Shoes: 1318 Fashion

I mostly documented this outfit because I was wearing pants, which is rare, and I thought you might be interested in seeing how I style a pair. I've certainly never shared an outfit with you wearing them, which I think is funny. I mean I am usually in a dress or skirt (with tights these days), but not always. I will likely wear them more now that it's a bit chilly. But also, this was our first time out to a new shopping area in Meridian called The Village. It is a collection of buildings, centered around a central meeting area with a park (and cool fountains and fire pits!). The architecture seems to be European inspired, and there are lots of cute tree lined cobble streets. I thought it was pretty cool! It really was like its own little town in there. I can't wait until more of the shops and restaurants open. Is there a place to shop like that anywhere near you?

Oh, and um... please excuse my bed head.

5 comments :

  1. Bed head? Pft your hair is adorable! Your outfit is adorable! You're adorable in general :) I love your style.

    The Village looks beautiful! We definitely don't have a shopping center like that here in Lynchburg, but there are some pretty cute places downtown. Downtown areas have always been my favorite. I love antique and thrift shops and the chance to find a new treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! The combination of purple and green is lovely! Your hair is so pretty!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Love the color of that scarf. We're totally opposites re pants, though - I rarely wear skirts and dresses because I'm lazy about shaving (summer) and I find tights super uncomfortable (autumn, winter, spring) even though the look is so nice. If you see me wearing tights on my blog any time soon (and you might), you can be sure I wore them for as long as it took to run an errand, take outfit pics and get back home, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you, Tori! But I assure, there is quite an assortment of random bobby pins in that hair trying to keep things down haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have nearly as many pairs of pants as I do dresses, skirts, and tights. I guess I get a little bored with my particular pants, but I still love them! And I do find tights comfy, I always have, I'm weird. I am also super super lazy about hair removal (especially my under arms, so hairy right now). I get a lot of weird/dirty/concerned looks around here in the summer time if I have hairy legs but I just don't care, haha.

    ReplyDelete