Stylish Shorties

one / two / three / four / five / six


Since cutting my hair, I have been having to get used to the fact that I now have less styling options. It's been a couple years (I tried growing it out for so long) since I've been anywhere near this length and it is taking time to adjust. I won't lie though, even when I had long hair I rarely did it. Bed hair wasn't as rough when I had long hair, and if I did have a terribly bad hair day I could quickly pull it into a messy bun or control it with a braid. I love my simple short hair, but I do really miss crown braids sometimes. Now with short hair and feeling like I have less last-minute type options, I wish this encouraged me to spend more days doing my hair. But in reality, it means I am walking around most of the time with a matted bed head. Lumpy hair is totally fashionable, right?

These, shall we say, hair goals I have collected at least make wish I took the time to style my hair more often. I think that is a step in the right direction. It is also making me want to take even more length off. I'll probably keep this cut for awhile, but going through old pictures from the last time I had a pixie, I'm feeling scissor happy. Perhaps I'll have to cut it all off for my birthday. . . In the meantime, do any of you with short hair have tips for simple management? Should I just be a big girl and wash my hair more often?

3 comments :

  1. These hairstyles are so lovely! Great inspo! I especially love 1 and 3!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, because I felt the exact same after I made the big chop! Sometimes I miss the days of throwing bed-hair into a messy bun, but headbands and hats are good cover ups too - right? Regardless, here's a few tutorials for shorter hair styles (your hair might be a little on the short side for these styles) http://thebeautydepartment.com/2012/10/braiding-short-hair/ and http://thebeautydepartment.com/2013/05/all-hair-all-week-4/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been enjoying hats lately a lot :) I'm not really sure why I feel so lost for options, especially considering my hair HAS been short for most of my life. Silly me. I've been experimenting with braiding and twisting sections of it back lately, so thanks for the links! I think my hair may be long enough for that first one. With my layers and thick hair, it's going to take a lot of bobby pins!

    ReplyDelete