Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Scrub



I've mentioned before that I've really enjoyed making all of my Christmas gifts in the past and so I was planning on doing that again this year. I've got a few posts lined up to share with you what I've been busy crafting. If you're on the look out for fun, easy, and unique DIY gifts, hopefully I can give you a few ideas. This scrub is definitely something that will show up in a few people's gifts. It can be packed up so pretty, smells heavenly, and works wonders on skin. I just have to share it with some of my favorite people!

Do you remember the cinnamon honey salt scrub I made a few months back? I've been pretty obsessed with homemade body scrubs since then. I mean, they are simple to create (usually with things you already have in your kitchen), smell great, work better than any body scrub I've ever purchased, and fairly cheap. I like this sugar scrub even better than the salt scrub I made. It's a bit gentler and lots sweeter. I love vanilla this time of year, it's a really warm cozy scent. A nice exfoliation with this scrub in a hot bath sounds like the perfect end to a cold winter day to me. 



Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Scrub

Ingredients:
3/4 cups raw cane sugar
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup coconut oil solid
1/3 cup almond or olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract or a few drops essential oil 

Directions: 
+ Combine the raw cane sugar and the regular sugar in a large bowl and mash it together with room temperature (solid) coconut oil. This looks just like butter and sugar does creamed together. A fork works best here, to evenly distribute the coconut oil and leave no large lumps.
+ Add the honey, almond or olive oil, and vanilla stirring with a spatula until combined.
+ Finally, stir in the brown sugar. Add more vanilla, if desired, until you reach a scent you are satisfied with.

Storage and Usage: 
+ Store in little glass jars. These can be packaged up nicely for gifts; create a label for the lid of the jar and tie some pretty ribbon around.
+ If desired, top the scrub with a few sprinkles of brown sugar and/or coconut flakes before packaging.
+ To use the scrub, apply to dry or damp skin rubbing gently for a bit and rinse off.



Enjoy exfoliating and moisturizing!
xx Emorie


8 comments :

  1. that looks good enough to eat. Seriously, I want to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish i could smell this through my computer. sounds so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that scrub and I love this one too, in fact I like it better. The coconut oil really seals the deal for me. Since the coconut oil was mixed with the sugar at room temperature, as long as it doesn't get warm enough for the coconut oil to melt, this scrub should stay pretty consistent and not separate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could totally eat it if you wanted too, haha. I may or may not have licked the spatula off when I was done mixing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stylehonestlyNovember 26, 2013

    That looks amazing. I want to eat it though haha

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  6. On your post about the salt scrub that you created, you said you would only use a salt scrub once or twice a week. Because this sugar scrub is gentler, would you recommend using it more often than the salt scrub, or maybe even daily (rather than a store bought body wash)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete