Table Rock and Big City Coffee


Saturday mornings just may easily become Mama and Sister time. I've enjoyed spending the past couple early Saturdays with them. Today is quite a lovely day in Boise, just look at that blue sky, although it may be a little too warm for my liking. It is going to be 80 degrees today! Crazy. So we got up nice and early (well at least for a Saturday) and made our way over for a hike up Table Rock. If you're from Boise or have been here, I'm sure you know Table Rock. The trail starts down by the Old Idaho Penitentiary and ends up at a nice flat plateau top over looking the city. I can't count the amount of times I've hiked it. It's a fairly short hike but still a little steep; perfect for a Saturday morning. The trail was full of plenty of other enthusiastic hikers and yellow wildflowers. We saw hot air balloons this morning too! Have a mentioned that I love Boise? I was so excited that it was nice enough to wear my Chacos out.

M mom may have lured me out of bed with the promise of breakfast, too. We headed to Big City Coffee down in the Linen District after our hike. Please excuse our morning/post hike faces. Big City is a place I've heard of lots of times, they've got a good reputation around town, but a place I had somehow never been to before. I'm so glad we went! It is definitely one of those places that as soon as you walk in you just know you are going to love it and that you'll be old friends. I ordered a breakfast veggie wrap and an iced hazelnut americano. Their coffee is really good! And I'm a huge coffee snop, guys. I guess that just naturally comes about after working in a coffee shop. The food is great too! I loved what I ordered. I should also mention the salted caramel brownie was one of the best brownies I've ever tasted. Not to mention the atmosphere is lovely. I'll definitely be back!

I hope your weekend is great so far. The rest of my day will be spent running errands and spending time with family. Tomorrow Will and I are finally headed to Leslie Gulch to hike for the day! What are you up to this weekend?


2 comments :

  1. Man I look siiiiiiiiiiiick. But I love Mama/daughter time! And I love you of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are silly. And I love you too :)

      Delete