All The Feels

I was hesitant to saying anything about this, but Monday had me very angry with the world. When events like the tragedy in Boston strike, it's hard to not let it get you down. It is devastating to remember that we live in a world that is home to so much corruption and maliciousness. Questions about how someone, a human being like me, could plan and commit such an atrocity and hurt so many people, are often left unanswered. And maybe, it does not do good to dwell on them. It is hard to find reason in madness. This article from Amy Davidson at the New Yorker was also devastating. The racism that is well alive in this country sickens me. There are a lot of things to be angry about concerning the Boston Marathon bombing. The wise words I have seen floating around the internet from Mister Rogers himself have seemed to help me a lot, "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." It is devastating that this isn't the first time this past year that these words are so appropriate. How great it would be to live in a world where these words never needed to be relevant. But they are so relevant  So we have to focus on the good. We must. It is difficult to do and sometimes hard to find, but it is always there to some degree.

^image found here^








^gifs found here, taken from this video^


And as always, if you really want to do some good and are capable of doing so, there are plenty of ways to help.

That's all I want to say for now. Keep those you love close and love all those that you can.

No comments :

Post a Comment