I'm Starting a Revolution

A fitness revolution that is! You may remember that I mentioned how excited I was to start Revolt. Well today is the day, folks. I've got my weeks worth of meals ready and I'm about ready to go bust my ass with the first workout. You can follow my progress here for the next 6 weeks during this "uprising." I'll be posting once a week (except this week when I'll post twice) sharing my results. I wanted to share a little about the program today and why I'm so excited to be apart of Revolt, as well as sharing with you my "before" pictures. Scary, I know.

Okay! Let's get right into it:

^img via Revolt Fitness on FB^
Revolt was started by Nichole Huntsman, due to her own personal struggles with weight loss. After 10 years of experimenting, competing on stage, and finally earning her certification as a NASM, CPT, she has perfected and shares a 6-week transformation system. But really she is a guide on your fitness journey. She is so involved in the program and personable, it really shows through into Revolt. She has worked out everything you need to see results. Revolt includes a Quick-Start Guide, the current 6-week workout plan plus daily workout videos of the day's workout, and the current 6-week diet.

^my detox breakfast this morning^
^sweet potatoes are such a treat after all those eggs^
You know I mentioned before that I'm not a fan of diets. I think being really restrictive with food is a bit silly. I do eat really well on my own, on average. But I do love all the cheesy everything and carbs and chocolate desserts. And I tend to eat them freely. I think the diet plan that goes along with the workouts will really help me to make progress and see the results I really want. Plus the Revolt diet is pretty fun, there are new exciting recipes all the time! I'm excited to try the coconut curry chicken (which I will obviously sub for tofu).

The best part of the program though? The community of people all working the program together. I have made so many friends and found such support, and I haven't even done my first workout! Don't worry, that's up next as soon as I share this with you :)


It may help to get an idea of where I am starting from on this journey. I have mentioned before that I was finally beginning to start embracing my own personal fitness and discovering just how much I needed to make a change with my health and life. I never had problems with my weight growing up. I was always naturally thin and small and fairly healthy. I wasn't too healthy with food choices as a kid, but I was young and spent my days outdoors and it didn't show. But even at a young age I was very self conscious and embarrassed by my body. As I got older I got even more active. I enjoyed running in high school and played lacrosse for a few years. I was pretty fit and healthy, and I loved it. But I still hated my body.

When I went off to college, I warred for years with depression. I shut my self inside for months at a time, I stopped seeing people, and I stopped taking care of me. I was unhealthy and underweight and miserable. I won't go into too much detail here, but I made it through. And when I did I gained a lot of weight back. And I was the heaviest I have ever been. I still am. Now, I'm not saying I am just completely unhealthy. And I don't feel fat. In fact, this may be the first time in my life that I have loved my body. I love my body, but I still want to change it. I want to take care of it. I do have fat. And quite a bit of it. I am excited to transition and really learn to take care of my body. Revolt is so structured and supportive. I think it will be just the thing I need.

This is the start.


Wow, posting those pictures took a lot of courage! Check back at the end of this week to see if I survived week one and my detox! And also be sure to check back once a week to see how I am doing.


Revolt Fitness Bloggers – link up:
Below is a list of other Revolt Fitness bloggers (thanks to Crystal @colormecrystal for the linkup).  It would be so so lovely of you to visit some of the others in the program. We are all on this journey together, and support and love from are readers is such a help along the way. It can makes such a difference in our day.





Disclaimer: I was chosen as a Revolt Fitness Program blogger and received free membership to try the fitness program. All results are real and my own. All opinions expressed are my own.

6 comments :

  1. Lokking forward to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your breakfast looked a lot tastier than mine! maybe i just need better presentation to get it down... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm weird about food like that. It has to look good before I can eat it. But it's a lot easier to eat all those eggs when they look pretty. Only a little easier, though.

      Delete
  3. Wow you really made the detox breakfast look tasty. I also am looking to create a healthier body and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I think diets are dumb but the meal program that is provided looks to be more about being conscious rather than limiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo girl! I'm so excited to see other young females participating in this! :) I definitely relate to your story, so hopefully we can cheer each other on when in doubt of ourselves. Speaking of which, how are you making the sweet potatoes good? I'm finding them so hard to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kory!

      I really like sweet potatoes on their own, actually. I baked them ahead of time and just warm a bit up for my meal. You could try sprinkling some cinnamon on top, that is always tasty.

      Delete