Moisturizing Oat Face Mask



I've sure been using oats a lot lately in my beauty concoctions, haven't I?  The Lemon Ginger Fancy Bath and Honey Oat Lotion were both pampering recipes that featured oats. Oats are a grain that is as much a staple in my beauty routine as in my diet (Don't forget, the yummy Double Berry Smoothie also had oats!), and for good reason. I've said it before, but I'll say it again — oats are so so so good for the skin. You'll see it often as an ingredient in lotions, especially those made specifically for sensitive skin. Oats are equal parts soothing and moisturizing.

This is a mask I use often when I feel my face just needs a really big refresh; like if my skin is getting really dry and flaky, if my complexion has been looking a little dull, or if I'm having some hormonal breakouts. I usually put it on and soak in a bath while it sits, wash it off in a quick shower, and then finish it all off with an exfoliating scrub of coconut oil and baking soda (<-- Hey that's one of my first posts! Crazy.). The best part is this isa really simple recipe, full of simple ingredients that are fantastic for the skin; oats, egg white, honey, and green tea. See more details and the full recipe below.



MOISTURIZING OAT FACE MASK | yield: 2-3 masks

Ingredients                                                

+ 1/4 cup of oats
+ 1 egg white
+ 1 tablespoon honey
+ 1 to 2 ounces green tea

Directions                                                 

Bowl some water and make a cup of green tea — set aside to cool. Measure out the oats and, using a food processor or blender, blend into a fine powder. Place the processed oats into a small bowl and add in the egg white; use a fork to thoroughly mush the two together. Do the same with the honey. Once the tea is cooled, add in an ounce or two as well, until you achieve a constituency similar to pancake batter. You can add in more tea if it is not easily spreadable.

Apply to your face in a thin, but generous layer. Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes (up to 40 minutes). The mask will dry, and because of the addition of the egg white tighten a bit (after about 15 minutes). Wash off completely with warm water. Your skin should feel smooth, clean, and moisturized and your pores will likely look smaller! This recipe makes enough for three (two if you apply more liberally than me) masks. You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 7 days.

Oh, and now you've seen a picture of me with oatmeal on my face. I feel like that is some sort of milestone in our relationship? Maybe?

Enjoy!
xx Emorie

1 comment :

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete