Blackberry Lime (Wine) Smoothie



I have never put any sort of booze into a smoothie before, but I will say as a bit of warning: it changes everything. I originally was only going to add in water as my liquid in this smoothie (which you can totally do if you don't want alcohol), but when I saw a bottle of white wine chilling in the fridge I couldn't resist. And I have no regrets. This smoothie is so fresh, crisp, sweet and tart, and perfect for a warm summer weekend afternoon. There are some other surprising ingredients in this recipe: like cucumber. Just trust me, it all blends together wonderfully and tastes absolutely delicious (and unlike anything else).

Read the rest of this post and see the full recipe on Some Call Me CJ today!

5 comments :

  1. Bloody hell, Emorie, this looks SUPER yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS super yummy! Someone commented on the post on CJ's blog talking about wine slushies(!), so now I'm going to have to make it again and try freezing the wine first in an ice cube tray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you mention before that you and Brian don't like wine very much? Maybe you'd like it in smoothie or slushy form! Because you can't really taste it, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! I've never thought about adding wine to a smoothie, but it is such a great idea. Definitely want to try this at some point this summer!


    xoxo Jess
    Foreign Room

    ReplyDelete